6.28.2011

Yummy Recipe!

Today's GRE word:

TRENCHANT
Having keenness and forcefulness and penetration in thought, expression, or intellect.

I've been meaning to take this test for a couple years now...


We did not have a good night last night! Somebody kept waking up every 2 hours. I am so exhausted today. We just got back from swinging. It's the only way I can think of to keep her calm.



Recipe Time!
My neighbor gave this recipe to me. I think she got it from a magazine, but I'm not sure which one. Doesn't matter, point is, I didn't invent it and I love it. 

I don't know what it is called...Something Something with Tomoatoes

Ingredients:
2 lbs of Swiss Chard, stems discarded and leaves cut in 2 in strips
1/4 c evoo (olive oil)
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

I don't use Swiss Chard. I use Kale, and I don't measure the red pepper because I like to do it by taste. (I like things spicy) I also like garlic..a lot, so I put whatever my heart desires, and salt and pepper to taste.

1) Boil the green stuff, then drain. I put my kale to the side while i do the next steps, but the recipe doesn't say to do so right away. It kinda tells you at the end of the recipe that you should of had it set aside.

2) Heat oil (in same sauce pan) and cook garlic and red pepper until garlic is golden. 

3) Add tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add beans and simmer at high heat for about 3 min.

4) Put the green stuff back in the pot and and simmer for a few min then add salt and pepper.

The Grub All Done (with a baby's book on the bottom)

I'm about to work on my cross-stitch now. I am trying to get it done before my hubs returns in a few days. This is what I am trying to make him:

That is not my husband, btw

This is all I have done:




Gotta get crackin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment