8.25.2011

Thank You Cards

I finally got around to sending thank you notes to our Air Force friends that gave Scarlett gifts from when she was born. If only I had the time to send the cards to people who came to the baby showers I had back home. I hope I get them out soon. It will almost be a year! It took me about a year to get my wedding thank you cards out! I am SO AWFUL at thank you cards!! 

Any ways, it's nothing spectacular, but they were personal. What I Used:

Fancy Scrapbook Paper
Vellum
Non-Toxic Ink (Black and Green)
Diaper Pin / Safety Pin OR Stapler
Flowery Stamp
Glitter Glue
Foot Print Hole Punch
And A Sleeping Baby 
(but only had her that way for a little while)

Sleeping Baby
So, I first cut out the paper into 8 pieces, then cut the vellum in pieces just a tad smaller in width but, in length, about half the size to the pink paper.


I somehow managed to rub ink on my baby's hand while she wriggled around in my arms and got the black ink all over herself. There were a few paper casualties.... Eventually the hand prints made it onto the paper and which I then covered with vellum once dry. I did not have diaper pins, so I used staples instead.


I stamped the page with my flower stamp and added some foot print punches. After, I wrote thank you with the glitter glue and did a squiggly border on top.


I used the backside for my "letter". Put them in an envelope and sent them off to work with my husband.


The people who got them said they liked them very much! I am so proud of myself for getting these done.

No comments:

Post a Comment