8.31.2011

Tag Blankets

I wanted to make something for my little girl that was bright and colorful with different textures. Taggy toys and blankets have become very popular lately because babies really love them! I was at my friends house in Florida a few months ago and it came to my attention that his daughter REALLY loves cleaning care instructions that are tacked on to stuffed animals and blankets. Well, I decided to make a homemade one for my baby, but just not as big. Just something small she can carry around with her that won't make her hot.

Front (I LOVE this pattern. I may have to go buy more.)
Back Fabric


I found some ribbon i really liked AND it was on sale! Beverly's always has some good stuff.


After spending FOREVER trying to remember how to place my bobbin back inside the sewing machine I was ready to sew. Then, my thread kept getting stuck. I started this at about 11 thinking I would be done at 12. No. I stayed up till 3 trying to get the stupid thing to work. Eventually I figured it out. You don't know how proud I was of myself.

Today, I gave it to my baby, and she looked at it, played with the ribbons for all of two seconds and shoved it right in her mouth. Now it's sitting out to dry....gross.


My cousin is having a baby so I decided to make her one, too. This time, it didn't take me nearly as long to get it done. Even with my baby awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment