9.26.2011

The Mothers' Christmas Presents

I've been MIA lately. We just got done moving into our new place and are somewhat unpacked.

I am so excited to be out of our itty bitty apartment. 

Before we moved out, I was ablt to get two Christmas gifts finished. Yes, Christmas gifts. This year I decided I was going to make all my gifts. 

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE MY MOTHER OR MY MOTHER-IN-LAW!!! If you continue, your gifts will be spoiled. Just trying to warn you...

I am making this gift to go with another, but I just haven't had a chance to make the second part yet. 

I wanted to give them a little bit of my baby for Christmas since they are so far away from her. I decided to make them shadow boxes. These are so simple and if you go at the right time, you can get the boxes on sale. I am debating about making myself one.



I picked out some paper that I really lied. I wanted something green and pink and I found these.



I cut out the pink and green paper the size needed to fit in the shadow box. Then, cut the pink glittery paper to border the photos I wanted to add. 

I used a few stamps to stamp her name under her photo, and I sewed a few buttons to the corners of the page. Added a glass dream ornament and a few stickers. To give it a more personal touch, I stuck on one sock and one mitten of hers that she has out grown. 


It didn't take me as long as I expected it to.


Now I have to figure out how to wrap these so they don't get beat up on the plane ride home. 

Gifts 2 out of 18 complete!!

No comments:

Post a Comment